Grosvenor Pumps Ltd has over 50 years experience in providing pump solutions designed for water purification and filtration
The scarcity of safe drinking water is increasing in many developing countries. Approximately 2.1 billion people all over the world still are unable to access safe water sources within their home.
- In New York, USA, 8.3 million people were exposed to water contaminants in their drinking water that included viruses and various kinds of bacteria
- Since 2015, more than 63 million people in India alone have consumed water from unsafe sources
- In sub-Saharan Africa alone more than half of the population drink water that comes from ‘dangerous’ resources, like surface water. Approximately 102 million people are drinking surface water
- In many provinces of South Africa, water is sometimes unavailable for two whole days. This happens approximately 60% of the time.
- In Nepal, 91% of the population is drinking water from sources that contain E-coli, a fecal bacteria that can lead to many diseases including bacterial (stomach) infections.
Many communities still rely upon natural bodies of water for day-to-day use. These resources can be classified as groundwater or surface water and commonly include underground aquifers, creeks, streams, rivers, and lakes. Consumption of contaminated water can lead to serious health issues. Contaminated water leads to diseases like diarrhea, cholera, dysentery, typhoid, and polio, and is estimated to cause 502 000 diarrhea deaths each year. The purification procedure reduces the concentration of contaminants such as suspended particles, parasites, bacteria, algae, viruses, and fungi.
In Iraq our pumps have been implemented by The Ministry of Water resources, Unicef and Action Contre La Faim (ACF).
For Oxfam we have delivered chlorination solutions in locations such as Sudan and other parts of North Africa where the quality of drinking water is a significant challenge
PUMPING SOLUTIONS FOR WATER PURIFICATION AND SANITATION
Grosvenor has provided solutions to aid agencies such as
- Al Kout Projects
- Oxfam / Sudan /Yemen
- Air Power Products
- The Ministry of Water Resources – Iraq
- Prestige Water Equipment
- Action Contre La Faim (ACF) – Iraq
- Unicef – Nepal
Explore our range of off-the-shelf pump solutions
We stock a large range of pumps on the shelves that are ready to be dispatched immediately. For custom builds, see below.
Grosvenor Pumps specialise in custom pump solutions for aid agencies
We have been building custom pumps for over 60 years
Grosvenor Pumps understands that every pumping application requires a different solution, tailored to the needs of the specific industries worldwide. We operate a flexible manufacturing & assembly facility that enable us to offer Bespoke services to our customers. With our modular design and manufacturing in house we can build unique systems that incorporate a range of different pump heads, gearboxes, motors, stroke adjusters and more.
Our team is ready to help you build your solution.